One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give a new binding to (a book).
- ‘Miss Beatrice Forder was responsible for rebinding the Winchester Bible in the cathedral and, for a time, was employed to repair some of the city archives.’
- ‘The sewn paper binding seems sturdy enough, but libraries will likely want to rebind the book for their collections.’
- ‘So, my present mind is to direct the solicitors for the appellants to uplift the appeal books, take out the confidential papers, rebind them, and go from there.’
- ‘He absorbed complete sections of the Encyclopaedia Britannica while rebinding a worn ‘E to F’ volume, returning again and again to the article on electricity.’
- ‘Until it was rebound a few years ago, the book consisted of two stout volumes in the Public Record Office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.