One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The following year, though shares are sold, for $107 million, and the gains are distributed by way of rebatable dividend.’
- ‘Now they are rebatable on the land, which is rateable.’
- ‘It was creating a dividend for itself, which would be assessable but rebatable, and it would have a loss because it was a trader in shares.’
- ‘All service charges except heating and hot water are rebatable.’
- ‘You gave us an example of a case where you would need it: distribution of a rebatable dividend which was less than the combined total of those profits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.