One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Balance again or restore the correct balance to.
- ‘Give yourself a deep-conditioning hair treatment to hydrate, restore and rebalance locks in preparation for the months ahead.’
- ‘It builds on the Government's ongoing reform of the criminal justice system, rebalancing the process in favour of victims and witnesses.’
- ‘Rising diesel prices mean that the typical 50-50 split between fuel and rental costs is being rebalanced so that fuel is now accounting for 75% of customers' bills.’
- ‘The longer this bear market portfolio is rebalanced by either method, the greater should be the overall gain and retention of asset class balances compared to a buy and hold strategy.’
- ‘Fighting crime and anti-social behaviour is at the heart of the Government's new programme with the Prime Minister pledging to rebalance the criminal justice system in favour of the victim.’
- ‘I now use a cream, with this supplement, which is rubbed onto my body twice daily in order to rebalance the oestrogen-progesterone balance.’
- ‘Hurricanes are a mechanism for rebalancing the differences in energy levels between the ocean and the atmosphere.’
- ‘Fighting financial mismanagement and fraud throughout the agencies of the federal government is an urgent mission if we ever hope to rebalance the budget.’
- ‘This works by strengthening the core postural muscles of the body, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment which leads to a longer, leaner body.’
- ‘We are working hard to fix that - by rebalancing skill sets within the Reserve component and between the active and reserve force.’
- ‘This is a great opportunity to rebalance the growth in our town and I am confident that there is a solution out there.’
- ‘Introduce a new, broadly based local property tax and rebalance service charges equitably across the entire community.’
- ‘At some point it becomes essential to rebalance the mix of different types of units to match the new mission requirements.’
- ‘He was merely rebalancing his portfolio, at the behest of his financial adviser.’
- ‘We believe in rebalancing the Trade Practices Act - giving small business a level playing field on which to bargain with big business.’
- ‘Be aware that changing and rebalancing your portfolio is as important as investing the cash in the first place.’
- ‘A package of further measures would be introduced to rebalance revenues, by congestion charging and road tolls which would be ring-fenced for public transport.’
- ‘So it's all about rebalancing the payment system and making it more efficient.’
- ‘In the first instance, that will mean rebalancing the efforts to remake the ground and the air services.’
- ‘The fund puts into place asset allocation and geographical spreads that are rebalanced over time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.