One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Balance again or restore the correct balance to.
- ‘It builds on the Government's ongoing reform of the criminal justice system, rebalancing the process in favour of victims and witnesses.’
- ‘We are working hard to fix that - by rebalancing skill sets within the Reserve component and between the active and reserve force.’
- ‘Introduce a new, broadly based local property tax and rebalance service charges equitably across the entire community.’
- ‘In the first instance, that will mean rebalancing the efforts to remake the ground and the air services.’
- ‘We believe in rebalancing the Trade Practices Act - giving small business a level playing field on which to bargain with big business.’
- ‘At some point it becomes essential to rebalance the mix of different types of units to match the new mission requirements.’
- ‘I now use a cream, with this supplement, which is rubbed onto my body twice daily in order to rebalance the oestrogen-progesterone balance.’
- ‘He was merely rebalancing his portfolio, at the behest of his financial adviser.’
- ‘Be aware that changing and rebalancing your portfolio is as important as investing the cash in the first place.’
- ‘Hurricanes are a mechanism for rebalancing the differences in energy levels between the ocean and the atmosphere.’
- ‘The fund puts into place asset allocation and geographical spreads that are rebalanced over time.’
- ‘Fighting crime and anti-social behaviour is at the heart of the Government's new programme with the Prime Minister pledging to rebalance the criminal justice system in favour of the victim.’
- ‘Rising diesel prices mean that the typical 50-50 split between fuel and rental costs is being rebalanced so that fuel is now accounting for 75% of customers' bills.’
- ‘Fighting financial mismanagement and fraud throughout the agencies of the federal government is an urgent mission if we ever hope to rebalance the budget.’
- ‘This works by strengthening the core postural muscles of the body, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment which leads to a longer, leaner body.’
- ‘Give yourself a deep-conditioning hair treatment to hydrate, restore and rebalance locks in preparation for the months ahead.’
- ‘This is a great opportunity to rebalance the growth in our town and I am confident that there is a solution out there.’
- ‘A package of further measures would be introduced to rebalance revenues, by congestion charging and road tolls which would be ring-fenced for public transport.’
- ‘So it's all about rebalancing the payment system and making it more efficient.’
- ‘The longer this bear market portfolio is rebalanced by either method, the greater should be the overall gain and retention of asset class balances compared to a buy and hold strategy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.