Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another term for twice-baked.See also twice-baked
- ‘Originally the hulls were baked at 60 degrees and so, as we sailed through the Tropics, we effectively rebaked it causing stress.’
- ‘Rebaked potatoes are one of my favorite potato dishes, and this recipe is the best, hands down.’
- ‘It is an ideal accompaniment for those rogue slices of fruit cake, which of course should be rebaked in crusty and sweet short crust pastry forming the filling for the hot Chester Cake.’
- ‘An internal temperature increase took place in rebaked bread.’
- ‘This compilation is nothing more than a rebaked, reheated, cash-in.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.