One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ascend again or to a former position.‘the fallen angel reascends to the upper air’
- ‘With the samples on board it reascended to several kilometres above Itokawa.’
- ‘The inferior parathyroids descend into the mediastinum (with their pharyngeal pouch III counterparts-the thymic antecedents), then reascend to meet the inferior pole of the thyroid.’
- ‘But it's so crowded, loud and smoky that even the intrepid Milica gasps for air, and we reascend the stairs to lounge against the bannister near the entrance.’
- ‘Mike reascended the aven to his previous stance, and worked his way upwards and to the south-east to a good ledge where a passage entered along the line of a joint at roof level.’
- ‘In the Christian story God descends to reascend.’
- ‘In places the sound of the river rises up the gravel slope, and thirsty dogs rush down for a drink and cannot reascend; should the owner go down to fetch the dog, he or she will be trapped as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.