One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His current term expires on December 19 and his reappointment will be officially announced on December 20, the fifth anniversary of Macau's handover in 1999.’
- ‘To do so, Johnson organized a behind-the-scenes campaign to block President Truman's reappointment of Leland Olds as chairman of the Federal Power Commission.’
- ‘The review committee recommended his reappointment by 20 votes to 16.’
- ‘Sessionals also face bureaucratic red tape with each reappointment, said Needham, adding that even a continuing sessional must reapply for a library card, a parking space, and an e-mail address.’
- ‘But despite desperate attempts to convince the Irish duo to back the reappointments, the pair abstained from voting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.