Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Television programs in which real people are continuously filmed, designed to be entertaining rather than informative.
- ‘In other words, Jack's experiences will be as humiliating as anything seen on real reality TV.’
- ‘Some would argue that it is the widespread myth that the camera never lies that has kept reality TV alive as a genre.’
- ‘Even given the current vogue for reality TV, the media have been rather coy in embracing court TV.’
- ‘If you take a look at how those survivors of reality TV are being treated, you can see her point.’
- ‘One of the criticisms levelled at reality TV is that it is anything but real.’
- ‘What is it about the new crop of reality TV programs that has so many viewers riveted?’
- ‘One may wonder why he has decided to attempt this at a time when reality TV is rapidly losing its popularity.’
- ‘We need more real reporting and less reality TV shows, and then let's see how deep that rabbit hole is.’
- ‘They can make something out of nothing, which I guess is the description of reality TV.’
- ‘Conditions were as far from perfect as reality TV is from entertaining.’
- ‘Well, it provides riveting reality TV without involving a situation that is too artificial.’
- ‘Trevor Phillips thinks reality TV is a force for good race relations.’
- ‘Well, it was just a matter of time before reality TV became a serious object of study.’
- ‘There is an awful lot of reality TV on television at the moment, I think it has gone mad, there's just so much of it.’
- ‘This is war as reality TV and, as is usual with such programmes, it sometimes doesn't seem quite real.’
- ‘The only thing that seems to get the majority of young people excited is reality TV and sugarcoated music.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.