Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The objective evaluation of an emotion or thought against real life, as a faculty present in normal individuals but defective in psychotics.
- ‘Therapy is used to stress reality testing initially, and later to explore stressors, and improve coping skills.’
- ‘The therapist may offer the patient a combination of empathy and reality testing.’
- ‘Full insight, reality testing and judgment are retained by subjects.’
- ‘Thus, their reality testing appears intact, and the rebellious behavior or attitude shows itself to be the charade of mock independence that it is.’
- ‘The nonschizophrenic patients had the shortest and least detailed dreams and the highest degree of reality testing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.