Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fixed property, principally land and buildings.Compare with personal property
grounds, ground, fields, open space, open areaView synonyms
- ‘Obviously, this maintains the equitable position of new real property with existing real property.’
- ‘My father was a solicitor, specialising in real property.’
- ‘For non-residents proportionate amounts are levied against real property or personal property based in Florida.’
- ‘The six properties being the subject of this motion, along with other real property and personal property, would be part of the residue devised by the will.’
- ‘Requirement one limits Rule 76 procedure to claims for money, real property and personal property.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.