One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The actual presence of Christ's body and blood in the Eucharistic elements.
- ‘It goes back to an old controversy surrounding the real presence of Christ's body and blood in and with the bread and wine.’
- ‘The real presence of Christ's most blessed body and blood is not therefore to be sought for in the sacrament, but in the worthy receiver of the sacrament.’
- ‘The declaration seems to put the gender of the one being ordained on pretty much the same level as the divinity of Christ or the real presence in the Eucharist.’
- ‘The real presence of Christ in the body of believers has brought attention in the past to the limitations of metaphors to express the scope of faith of the whole Christian community.’
- ‘Yes, we believe in the real presence of Christ in the sacraments.’
real presence/rē(ə)l ˈprezns/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.