One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tell someone's fortune by looking at the lines on their palm.
- ‘A man in India read my palm and said I'm going to die at 110.’
- ‘He read my palm and told me a lot of interesting things, including that I am under protection from the Divine - when I am getting into dangerous situations, it will get me out of them.’
- ‘People used to ask her to read their palm or cards and she did.’
- ‘It is easy to find someone who will tell you your future by reading your palm or tarot cards.’
- ‘She took hold of my hand and caressed it before reading my palm.’
- ‘She said he then told her, ‘According to my understanding reading your palm, you are a woman who would constantly cheat on your man.’’
- ‘I take about an hour to read your palm in detail, and I can send you a pen portrait if you wish by email or post.’
- ‘Someone who once read my palm told me I have difficulty judging between reality and dream - perhaps all was fine before I knew?’
- ‘‘My dear, you have no lifeline, no loveline… it is only the face of a beautiful girl,’ the gypsy on the dock who read his palm commented, pulling his hand close to her thickly bespectacled eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.