Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Capable of reading existing data and accepting alterations or further input.
- ‘When a tape is stretched, it may reduce head-to-tape contact, increasing read-write errors and dramatically reducing data throughput.’
- ‘At this point, she has shifted her checked-out copy from the read-only mirror over to a read-write archive hosted on her laptop.’
- ‘The client is able to open seekable streams on the server, either in read-only or read-write access mode.’
- ‘Guy also expects DVD read-write drives to become standard features.’
- ‘Armed with read-write data, library managers can fine tune performance and ensure that all disks are operating at appropriate levels.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.