One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Memory read at high speed but not capable of being changed by program instructions.
memory bank, store, cache, disk, ram, romView synonyms
- ‘The program package includes a read-only memory compact disk (CD ROM) and teacher workbook.’
- ‘Shipments of mask read-only memory declined by 45 percent in the first quarter from the previous three months.’
- ‘It is equally easy for an insider to save this data to floppy disks, compact discs with read-only memory (CD ROMs), or even to another hard drive they brought in themselves.’
- ‘The chips will be based on nitrided read-only memory technology, an approach to flash that stores 2bit per cell.’
- ‘Batch inquires are submitted for processing online or on compact disk, read-only memory (CD-ROM) and floppy disks/diskettes.’
- ‘Another option is to store important programs in read-only memory so that a virus cannot overwrite them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.