Memory read at high speed but not capable of being changed by program instructions.
memory bank, store, cache, disk, ram, romView synonyms
- ‘Another option is to store important programs in read-only memory so that a virus cannot overwrite them.’
- ‘Batch inquires are submitted for processing online or on compact disk, read-only memory (CD-ROM) and floppy disks/diskettes.’
- ‘Shipments of mask read-only memory declined by 45 percent in the first quarter from the previous three months.’
- ‘The program package includes a read-only memory compact disk (CD ROM) and teacher workbook.’
- ‘The chips will be based on nitrided read-only memory technology, an approach to flash that stores 2bit per cell.’
- ‘It is equally easy for an insider to save this data to floppy disks, compact discs with read-only memory (CD ROMs), or even to another hard drive they brought in themselves.’