Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Memory read at high speed but not capable of being changed by program instructions.
memory bank, store, cache, disk, ram, romView synonyms
- ‘Another option is to store important programs in read-only memory so that a virus cannot overwrite them.’
- ‘Batch inquires are submitted for processing online or on compact disk, read-only memory (CD-ROM) and floppy disks/diskettes.’
- ‘Shipments of mask read-only memory declined by 45 percent in the first quarter from the previous three months.’
- ‘The program package includes a read-only memory compact disk (CD ROM) and teacher workbook.’
- ‘The chips will be based on nitrided read-only memory technology, an approach to flash that stores 2bit per cell.’
- ‘It is equally easy for an insider to save this data to floppy disks, compact discs with read-only memory (CD ROMs), or even to another hard drive they brought in themselves.’
read-only memory/ˌrēdˌōnlē ˈmem(ə)rē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.