Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Memory read at high speed but not capable of being changed by program instructions.
memory bank, store, cache, disk, ram, romView synonyms
- ‘The program package includes a read-only memory compact disk (CD ROM) and teacher workbook.’
- ‘Batch inquires are submitted for processing online or on compact disk, read-only memory (CD-ROM) and floppy disks/diskettes.’
- ‘Another option is to store important programs in read-only memory so that a virus cannot overwrite them.’
- ‘It is equally easy for an insider to save this data to floppy disks, compact discs with read-only memory (CD ROMs), or even to another hard drive they brought in themselves.’
- ‘The chips will be based on nitrided read-only memory technology, an approach to flash that stores 2bit per cell.’
- ‘Shipments of mask read-only memory declined by 45 percent in the first quarter from the previous three months.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.