One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Restore (something) to a state of activity; bring back into action.
stimulate, excite, stir up, arouse, rouse, waken, animate, activate, incite, galvanize, instigate, whet, inspire, kindle, fan, refresh, strengthen, invigorate, reanimate, revive, revitalize, resuscitate, revivifyView synonyms
- ‘John Smyth, a spokesman, says the movement is reactivating its base.’
- ‘I think that Alison's portrait reactivates this dormant aspect of Trafalgar Square.’
- ‘The systems are reactivated when the handset is out of range.’
- ‘HIS Royal Highness the Prince of Wales has officially reactivated a steam engine.’
- ‘The stress caused by the collision is thought to have reactivated the cancer cells, causing it to spread to other parts of her body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.