Restore (something) to a state of activity; bring back into action.
stimulate, excite, stir up, arouse, rouse, waken, animate, activate, incite, galvanize, instigate, whet, inspire, kindle, fan, refresh, strengthen, invigorate, reanimate, revive, revitalize, resuscitate, revivifyView synonyms
- ‘I think that Alison's portrait reactivates this dormant aspect of Trafalgar Square.’
- ‘The stress caused by the collision is thought to have reactivated the cancer cells, causing it to spread to other parts of her body.’
- ‘HIS Royal Highness the Prince of Wales has officially reactivated a steam engine.’
- ‘John Smyth, a spokesman, says the movement is reactivating its base.’
- ‘The systems are reactivated when the handset is out of range.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.