One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a film or video recording) a portrayal of a person's response to an event or to a statement made by another.
- ‘As the interviewer drones on about the position, their is a close-up reaction shot of Vincent.’
- ‘With a single reaction shot, Cleese generates the film's biggest laugh.’
- ‘Had I just done a close-up here or a reaction shot there, the scenes would have had a better pay off.’
- ‘As an actor himself, he knows the power of the reaction shot.’
- ‘The tight close-up on his reaction shot after Patty innocently states that she ‘likes to be kissed’ could easily stand as one of film history's funniest frames.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.