One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that takes part in and undergoes change during a reaction.
- ‘When bonds are broken in a chemical reaction, the reactants involved are colliding with enough kinetic energy to break the atoms apart.’
- ‘Countless industrial processes use acids and bases as reactants or catalysts to make a variety of consumer goods.’
- ‘The rate of chemical reactions often depends on the concentration of the reactants involved.’
- ‘If some of the components of this system chemically react with each other then the inert substance dispersing the reactants is the inert solvent.’
- ‘The change in heat content of the products relative to the reactants in a chemical reaction is known as the change in enthalpy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.