Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance that takes part in and undergoes change during a reaction.
- ‘When bonds are broken in a chemical reaction, the reactants involved are colliding with enough kinetic energy to break the atoms apart.’
- ‘If some of the components of this system chemically react with each other then the inert substance dispersing the reactants is the inert solvent.’
- ‘The change in heat content of the products relative to the reactants in a chemical reaction is known as the change in enthalpy.’
- ‘Countless industrial processes use acids and bases as reactants or catalysts to make a variety of consumer goods.’
- ‘The rate of chemical reactions often depends on the concentration of the reactants involved.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.