One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Absorb (something) again.‘a failure of the gut to reabsorb the majority of the fluid’
- ‘The idea is that once the moisture is removed, the new buildings will keep the soil pressed down so it won't reabsorb water.’
- ‘As the fibres relax, they reabsorb the juices from the centre of the meat, and draw it back towards the edges.’
- ‘They were eventually reabsorbed into the surrounding tissue.’
- ‘The corps continued to work under this name until 1996, when it was reabsorbed into the Royal Australian Engineers.’
- ‘The borrowed energy is then reabsorbed by the receiving quark or lepton.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.