One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Absorb (something) again.‘a failure of the gut to reabsorb the majority of the fluid’
- ‘The borrowed energy is then reabsorbed by the receiving quark or lepton.’
- ‘They were eventually reabsorbed into the surrounding tissue.’
- ‘The corps continued to work under this name until 1996, when it was reabsorbed into the Royal Australian Engineers.’
- ‘The idea is that once the moisture is removed, the new buildings will keep the soil pressed down so it won't reabsorb water.’
- ‘As the fibres relax, they reabsorb the juices from the centre of the meat, and draw it back towards the edges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.