One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Enlist again in the armed forces.
- ‘Soldiers in combat units report that being sent to a combat zone improves morale, and the possibility that they will re-enlist, despite the danger.’
- ‘After a three-year absence after Vietnam, WO2 Halvorsen re-enlisted and joined Intelligence Corps, retiring from full-time service in 1991.’
- ‘They must, however, be legal residents and can't re-enlist or be commissioned officers without being citizens.’
- ‘But be assured, we need every Army Reserve Soldier who is currently in the ranks to re-enlist and stay with us.’
- ‘I'm surrounded by soldiers who are re-enlisting and volunteering to go to units that are deploying.’
- ‘He re-enlisted during World War II as a staff sergeant with the Army engineers.’
- ‘He then tried to re-enlist in the Navy but was denied the job he wanted, so he went to the Army recruiting office and enlisted.’
- ‘However, the lure of the air was irresistible and he re-enlisted as a research medical officer and test pilot at the RAF's Institute of Aviation Medicine.’
- ‘When the war in Korea started two weeks later, I re-enlisted for Infantry OCS and was commissioned.’
- ‘The long term result is incompetent captains, whose poor leadership creates disgruntled soldiers and NCOs who resign or do not re-enlist.’
- ‘Faced with this ordeal, I applied for a humanitarian assignment and re-enlisted.’
- ‘For example, today, when an Army Reserve Soldier wants to re-enlist, he or she has to be within 90 days of ETS to get a bonus.’
- ‘Another factor that Army Reserve officials believe is affecting re-enlistments is the tighter window for Army Reserve Soldiers to decide to re-enlist.’
- ‘Discovered by the press, he speedily re-enlisted, this time as Pte Shaw of the Tank Corps.’
- ‘I think we as NCOs could help by keeping good soldiers in the Army and getting them to re-enlist.’
- ‘I had another dream, last night, in which I had re-enlisted in the military.’
- ‘When the war ended he re-enlisted and commanded an artillery battery in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.’
- ‘Due to national security and many other restrictions, non-citizen members of the military have only a small, select number of Military Occupational Specialties to choose from when enlisting or re-enlisting.’
- ‘We've probably all heard of stories where soldiers of all ranks have discharged, only to re-enlist within 12 months because things just didn't work out.’
- ‘Fort Bragg soldiers are re-enlisting in droves as the Army struggles to meets its recruiting goals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.