A model for encoding semantic relationships between items of data so that these relationships can be interpreted computationally.‘RDF is the primary foundation for the Semantic Web’
- ‘This file is RDF, one of the harder W3C standards.’
- ‘If you are involved in managing large amounts of Web content that you want to share with others, then you should be looking at RDF.’
- ‘Tools exist for creating and editing RDF, storing the semantic data, inferencing knowledge from the metadata, and visualizing the metadata.’
- ‘Because of RDF's peculiar design, the content can be dumped into the template in a careless manner and everything simply works.’
- ‘Support for RDF is basic rather than strict, so nearly all the URIs and URLs can be made up on the spot, as though they were variables or constants.’
1990s: abbreviation of Resource Description Framework.
1Radio direction finder (or finding)
2Rapid deployment force.