One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A burrowing bivalve mollusk with a long, slender shell that resembles the handle of a straight razor.Also called jackknife clam
- ‘One of the most beautiful times of my life was harvesting razor clams.’
- ‘However, the unrelated Pacific razor clam is quite popular on the West Coast and is considered to have superior flavor.’
- ‘Most often used in fritters due to its tough nature, the West Coast razor clam is chewy at best.’
- ‘In a scallop shell, arrange crabmeat, razor clam, mussels, scallop and honeydew melon.’
- ‘One study identified young razor clams as a major source of food on the Washington coast.’
razor clam/ˈrāzər klam/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.