The residue left after sugarcane has been processed to remove the molasses and refine the sugar crystals. The flavor is similar to that of brown sugar.
- ‘The degree of clarification affects sugar yield and the refining quality of raw sugar.’
- ‘He has the loose-jointed movements of an athlete, and a brisk heedlessness as he crushes raw sugar into a splash of coffee.’
- ‘Brown sugar is a bit much, but raw sugar is pretty good.’
- ‘The government currently applies a 20 percent import tariff on raw sugar and a 25 percent tariff on white sugar.’
- ‘‘We integrated honey into their diets instead of raw sugar,’ Day says.’