One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The residue left after sugarcane has been processed to remove the molasses and refine the sugar crystals. The flavor is similar to that of brown sugar.
- ‘He has the loose-jointed movements of an athlete, and a brisk heedlessness as he crushes raw sugar into a splash of coffee.’
- ‘The degree of clarification affects sugar yield and the refining quality of raw sugar.’
- ‘The government currently applies a 20 percent import tariff on raw sugar and a 25 percent tariff on white sugar.’
- ‘‘We integrated honey into their diets instead of raw sugar,’ Day says.’
- ‘Brown sugar is a bit much, but raw sugar is pretty good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.