One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar or counter which sells raw oysters and other seafood.
- ‘The bar is placed on a rolling raw bar decorated with carved wooden fish.’
- ‘After the show, the band and crew convene at the restaurant next door, a French place with good wines and a raw bar.’
- ‘Sit at the raw bar of the Union Oyster House and realize that by the Bay's natural rights you should see a dock just outside her windows!’
- ‘The crab imperial is terrific, and the raw bar is miles long and well stocked.’
- ‘Those in the know come here not only for the stylish menu and excellent charcuterie but also for the glistening raw bar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.