One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An old or rickety vehicle.
- ‘Bouncing toward home in our old rattletrap truck, I felt not just happy but satisfied, already intuiting that time spent on a riverbank is not wasted.’
- ‘When Hyundai Motor Co. first arrived in the U.S., 19 years ago, it was best known for rattletrap econoboxes.’
- ‘The car was a rattletrap, and when we slowed down, dust would Come boiling in, even with the windows shut.’
- ‘I slowed my rattletrap to a halt in front of the garage, half expecting Diane to be standing on the porch, holding little Dorothy in her arms.’
- ‘But it sure would be nice if the shiny new tankers were at least as good as the ancient rattletraps they were replacing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.