One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An old or rickety vehicle.‘that's assuming my rattletrap is fit for the road’
- ‘When Hyundai Motor Co. first arrived in the U.S., 19 years ago, it was best known for rattletrap econoboxes.’
- ‘But it sure would be nice if the shiny new tankers were at least as good as the ancient rattletraps they were replacing.’
- ‘Bouncing toward home in our old rattletrap truck, I felt not just happy but satisfied, already intuiting that time spent on a riverbank is not wasted.’
- ‘I slowed my rattletrap to a halt in front of the garage, half expecting Diane to be standing on the porch, holding little Dorothy in her arms.’
- ‘The car was a rattletrap, and when we slowed down, dust would Come boiling in, even with the windows shut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.