One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog or other animal that is used for hunting rats.
- ‘You should keep in mind the Carin was bred to be a ratter.’
- ‘But when given a chance the Airedale can still be an expert ratter and can also be trained to the gun.’
- ‘But young Pickles turned out to be an excellent ratter and was a favourite amongst our neighbours.’
- ‘Long-tailed weasels are good mousers and ratters, so farmers do not mind having weasels around their farms because they eliminate these pests.’
- ‘Its original purpose was as a ratter, working very hard to to remove rodents from places such as kitchens and stables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.