Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A terrier of a small, short-haired breed originally used for hunting rats and other vermin.
- ‘Sadie is a 6 month old mini rat terrier.’
- ‘She is part Corgi, part rat terrier.’
- ‘They have a rat terrier; he is a sweet and very spoiled little dog.’
- ‘Greg LeNoir took his 28-month-old, 6.3 kg rat terrier Jake for his daily swim at a Florida marina when a 1.5 m-long shark surfaced and bit into the dog.’
- ‘And yes, we were aware of her raising the rat terriers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.