One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terrier of a small, short-haired breed originally used for hunting rats and other vermin.
- ‘Greg LeNoir took his 28-month-old, 6.3 kg rat terrier Jake for his daily swim at a Florida marina when a 1.5 m-long shark surfaced and bit into the dog.’
- ‘And yes, we were aware of her raising the rat terriers.’
- ‘She is part Corgi, part rat terrier.’
- ‘Sadie is a 6 month old mini rat terrier.’
- ‘They have a rat terrier; he is a sweet and very spoiled little dog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.