Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A terrier of a small, short-haired breed originally used for hunting rats and other vermin.
- ‘And yes, we were aware of her raising the rat terriers.’
- ‘She is part Corgi, part rat terrier.’
- ‘Sadie is a 6 month old mini rat terrier.’
- ‘They have a rat terrier; he is a sweet and very spoiled little dog.’
- ‘Greg LeNoir took his 28-month-old, 6.3 kg rat terrier Jake for his daily swim at a Florida marina when a 1.5 m-long shark surfaced and bit into the dog.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.