One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harmless constricting snake that feeds on rats and other small mammals.
Several genera and species in the family Colubridae: genus Elaphe of America, in particular E. obsoleta, and genera Ptyas and Argyrogena of Asia (also called racer), in particular P. mucosus
- ‘I recall having taken a huge rat snake home with me when I was six.’
- ‘Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.’
- ‘A climbing snake, such as a rat snake, will hold itself on a stick.’
- ‘At the end of the demonstration, the handler comes out of the cage with a rat snake in hand.’
- ‘Both instances of predation by black rat snakes were correctly classified as snakes.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.