Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert (an image stored as an outline) into pixels that can be displayed on a screen or printed.
- ‘Conversely, once they are rasterized, they become part of the bitmap.’
- ‘Finally, these textures and pixels need to be rasterised in the final output stage of the rendering pipeline.’
- ‘This means you can dynamically edit any shapes you draw and go to print at any time without rasterizing them.’
- ‘Vector files are rasterized and composited in Map Publisher.’
- ‘Version 5 can export movies as SWF files, offering precise control over how bitmaps are rasterized.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.