A device that rasterizes an image.
- ‘HyperXpress, for example, is a high-performance printing and plotting software program that uses a RIP (raster image processor) to print large files.’
- ‘A Windows driver and Roland's VersaWorks RIP (raster image processor) are included.’
- ‘The process of setting up your printer, the use of raster image processors and color management are also given the attention they deserve.’
- ‘The newest raster image processors can support PDF / X - 3, preserving the original RGB (red, green and blue) images and ICC profiles until the last moment when the files are converted to printing plates.’
- ‘Many wide-format printers employ their own native printer drivers, while others may need a RIP (raster image processor) to function at their best.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.