One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Essence, flavor, or sentiment, in particular the characteristic quality of music, literature, and drama.
- ‘In addressing such questions the paper draws on certain aesthetic formulations of the Hindu rasa theory.’
- ‘It is this intense aesthetic mood that is called rasa.’
- ‘In the context of Indian aesthetics, rasa is understood as the art recipient's aesthetic experience.’
- ‘After all rasa is both aesthetic joy and gustatory delight.’
- ‘More so as the theme revolves around the ubiquitous concept of rasa an Indian concept and ideology based on emotions.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘flavor, juice (of food’).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.