Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Essence, flavor, or sentiment, in particular the characteristic quality of music, literature, and drama.
- ‘In addressing such questions the paper draws on certain aesthetic formulations of the Hindu rasa theory.’
- ‘After all rasa is both aesthetic joy and gustatory delight.’
- ‘It is this intense aesthetic mood that is called rasa.’
- ‘In the context of Indian aesthetics, rasa is understood as the art recipient's aesthetic experience.’
- ‘More so as the theme revolves around the ubiquitous concept of rasa an Indian concept and ideology based on emotions.’
Sanskrit, literally juice.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.