One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for noble gas
- ‘The low reactivity of the rare gases is due to the arrangement of electrons in the rare gas atoms.’
- ‘There is reason to believe that we might profitably mine for rare gases in the dusty regolith.’
- ‘Both utilize large, long-lived, and relatively expensive bulbs filled with various combinations of rare gases and a remote ballast.’
- ‘These elements have been known as the rare gases, but some of them are not especially rare.’
- ‘The lamp includes a bulbous envelope filled with rare gas and metal vapor and a reentrant cavity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.