Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A jerky motion of a person's eyes occurring in REM sleep.
- ‘Besides the four stages, there is a form of sleep accompanied by rapid eye movement and behavioral activity.’
- ‘Sleep occurs in two states: sleep with rapid eye movement and sleep with no rapid eye movement.’
- ‘Once the heart rate of the target has slowed to the point of noticeable sleep, it sends irregular pulses to the brain to induce rapid eye movement, which you know is REM.’
- ‘Dreams occur when individuals display rapid eye movement or REM, mostly in the early hours.’
- ‘The first sign is called rapid eye movement.’
rapid eye movement/ˈrapəd ī ˈmo͞ovmənt/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.