One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.‘the film takes a look at rape culture and what it means to be a woman in a male-dominated society’
- ‘I am starting to get worried how far this rape culture thing goes.’
- ‘Rape culture is a real thing women live with.’
- ‘To end violence against women, we must end rape culture, not female freedom.’
- ‘Rape culture is still a current problem in America today; we should not promote any aspect of it.’
- ‘This is a small step towards addressing a rape culture that protects the aggressor rather than the victim.’
- ‘On Thursday a large mass of students came together to protest rape culture.’
- ‘There is definitely a rape culture problem in Australia.’
- ‘I fear articles like this dilute the strong examples of rape culture by taking the concept to tenuous lengths.’
- ‘The major problem with rape culture today in the United States is that many rapes go unreported.’
- ‘In NZ everyone is equal and we don't have a rape culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.