One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aggressive greed.‘the rapacity of landowners seeking greater profit from their property’
greed, avarice, rapaciousness, acquisitiveness, covetousness, materialism, predatoriness, voracity, voraciousness, graspingness, mercenariness, usury, extortionView synonyms
- ‘While some have embraced democratic principles, others continue to rule through rapacity, despotism, and corruption.’
- ‘It's precisely that rapacity, that appetite, that makes them who they are, that allows them to recognize themselves.’
- ‘This puts a limit on the rapacity of a patent holder.’
- ‘It is not an effective instrument for protecting our people from the greed and rapacity of outsiders.’
- ‘No situation, however obscure, or however sacred, escaped the rapacity of the enemy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.