One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Automobile transport is used wastefully, rapaciously.’
- ‘In our modern era, rapaciously expanding industry and a growing population continue to threaten the world's delicate ecological balance, proof of a relationship out of kilter with nature and the elements.’
- ‘They have been described as ‘locusts’, rapaciously enriching themselves at the expense of ordinary investors.’
- ‘He seemed to have gained a greater self-confidence from the incredible and unexpected success of his book and he capitalized on it rapaciously.’
- ‘The reality is that we are rapaciously destroying ecosystems and burning fossil fuels as if there were no tomorrow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.