Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A criminal record.
criminal record, police record, list of offences, list of previous convictionsView synonyms
- ‘There had probably been a few more crimes added to her rap sheet since then as well.’
- ‘He also had a rap sheet, which a lot of the media doesn't understand.’
- ‘My rap sheet is several pages, but it keeps disappearing from the cop's database.’
- ‘One of them, Lauren Gazzola, said she hoped her rap sheet and upcoming trial wouldn't keep her out of law school.’
- ‘Hirshon's Patton has a longer rap sheet than usual.’
- ‘This guy, Richard Ricci, had spent 10 years in jail, tried to kill a cop, had a rap sheet, worked at the house a couple of months, admitted stealing stuff.’
- ‘‘Note the reason for the long rap sheet,’ she mused out loud.’
- ‘She's got a rap sheet that stretches back four decades, including a stint in prison for slavery.’
- ‘He's a high-risk convicted sex offender with a rap sheet dating back many years.’
- ‘Then there was the rap sheet of Stoudemire's mother, Carrie, which included arrests for passing bad checks, fraud and theft.’
- ‘You never know when that kid with a rap sheet a mile long will circumvent the system yet again because of a judge's ruling.’
- ‘You've got a brother who has got a rap sheet 18 pages long.’
- ‘With his pipe, gentleman-thief fashion sense and a rap sheet that includes armed robbery, fraud and burglary, he seems the perfect subject.’
- ‘Inside she found the evidence of a colourful if often troubled life - photographs, social welfare documents, a rap sheet for drunken driving.’
- ‘Given his rap sheet, his shyness and soft voice are at first disconcerting.’
- ‘Neither of the finalists in the Louisiana governor's race has a rap sheet.’
- ‘The rap sheet will be amended to show the arrest.’
- ‘His rap sheet includes armed robbery and home invasion.’
- ‘Matthias wondered what else was on Graff's Interpol rap sheet aside from fraud.’
- ‘Or was it because after they picked her father up they looked at her rap sheet and found several warrants for her arrest?’
rap sheet/ˈrap SHēt/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.