One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shout and complain angrily and at length.
hold forth, go on and on, deliver a tirade, rant and rave, fulminate, sound off, spout, pontificate, trumpet, bluster, declaimView synonyms
- ‘I could rant and rave about it but that wouldn't make a difference.’
- ‘So when I used to rant and rave about it, it was because I did not have first hand knowledge.’
- ‘People seem to think he is not passionate enough, but it's just that he doesn't rant and rave.’
- ‘He ranted and raved, and gave the same lines again and again.’
- ‘‘You can't rant and rave; you can't scream and put people in shock, though I have worked with directors who do that and it's pretty scary,’ Garry says.’
- ‘Only this afternoon did I rant and rave about these designs.’
- ‘‘Joe called our head offices himself and ranted and raved about it,’ says a top editor at one of the weeklies.’
- ‘I began to rant and rave angrily, in a loud voice.’
- ‘I rant and rave at the screen, decrying the dumbing down of what used to be a medium for entertaining and educating.’
- ‘Are you tired of hearing students rant and rave about how their tuition fees are too high?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.