One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The movements of an object or changes in a variable that follow no discernible pattern or trend.
- ‘We observe good random walks for all these quantities.’
- ‘This means that these variables follow random walks, but they could be related to each other in meaningful long-run relationships.’
- ‘This book popularized the ideas that the stock market is efficient and that its prices follow a random walk.’
- ‘For example, the path taken by an individual molecule in a gas is very well modeled as a random walk, entirely probabilistic in its nature.’
- ‘Much later Donsker gave a full proof of the convergence of random walks to Brownian motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.