One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quantity having a numerical value for each member of a group, especially one whose values occur according to a frequency distribution.Also called variate
- ‘Chernoff bounds are the most useful for sums of bounded independent random variables.’
- ‘An alternative approach is to consider allelic frequencies as random variables, whose distribution depends on some parameters of the population model.’
- ‘In this case, the numbers of people wanting to buy tickets at a given fare are random variables.’
- ‘The error terms from the regression equations are modeled as random variables with a probability distribution.’
- ‘For example, the correlation coefficient between two random variables is zero not only in the case of independence, but whenever there is no linear association.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.