One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of transferring information to or from memory in which every memory location can be accessed directly rather than being accessed in a fixed sequence.as modifier ‘random-access programming’
- ‘Micron was seeking control of the supply of dynamic random-access chips, the main memory in personal computers, after five consecutive quarters of losses tied to volatile prices.’
- ‘The point is that, although the design encourages you to treat flash disks as random-access devices, their wear characteristics are more like those of sequential media, such as magnetic tape.’
- ‘But 20 minutes before liftoff, a problem was detected that may involve the recorder's random-access memory, which stores data short-term, Tanner said.’
- ‘Most systems come with 256 megabytes of random-access memory, but doubling that, to 512 MB, is more than worth the $50 or so that it will cost.’
- ‘The spot price of a 256-megabit, 266-megahertz double-data-rate dynamic random-access memory chip stood at US $2.95 on Tuesday, less than half their price at the start of the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.