One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By the end Antrobus has become a self-hating figure rancorously describing his wife as ‘a petty, blind, treacherous little beast‘.’
- ‘In the 1970s, his parents moved from the country's eastern region to settle in Camden, then separated rancorously when he was six.’
- ‘However rancorously the debate may have raged, actual scientific comparisons are notable by their absence.’
- ‘Viewers often end up thinking that there is no solution to the problem because the two sides are so rancorously polarised.’
- ‘Among those critics, none has been more rancorously unreflective the former Health Secretary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.