Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of Hindu yoga intended to achieve control over the mind and emotions.
- ‘Participants in his courses, based on raja yoga for the mind, have reported a feeling of liberation and peace.’
- ‘Yogi Hari needs no introduction as a successful and proficient teacher of hatha and raja yoga.’
- ‘These four padas are quite similar to the four yogas of Vedanta: karma yoga, bhakti yoga, raja yoga and jnana yoga.’
- ‘These are bhakti yoga, karma yoga and raja yoga, which certain Smartas teach can also bring enlightenment.’
- ‘While raja yoga teaches the yoga of meditation, other forms of yoga can be practiced to realize the Absolute Truth.’
From Sanskrit, from rājan king + yoga.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.