One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of Hindu yoga intended to achieve control over the mind and emotions.
- ‘These four padas are quite similar to the four yogas of Vedanta: karma yoga, bhakti yoga, raja yoga and jnana yoga.’
- ‘While raja yoga teaches the yoga of meditation, other forms of yoga can be practiced to realize the Absolute Truth.’
- ‘Yogi Hari needs no introduction as a successful and proficient teacher of hatha and raja yoga.’
- ‘These are bhakti yoga, karma yoga and raja yoga, which certain Smartas teach can also bring enlightenment.’
- ‘Participants in his courses, based on raja yoga for the mind, have reported a feeling of liberation and peace.’
From Sanskrit, from rājan ‘king’ + yoga.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.