One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian side dish of yogurt containing chopped cucumber or other vegetables, and spices.
- ‘Haley grinned at Rick and dipped her roti in the small bowl of thick, creamy raita.’
- ‘Taste the raita to check the sweetness, and stir in a little more honey if desired.’
- ‘Perhaps the boy wants to stay in and learn how to make raita.’
- ‘Both dishes came with rice and a serving of salad topped with a light, creamy dressing similar to raita.’
- ‘Steamed rice, raita, rice puddings, naan, chapatti and Tandoori chicken delighted me.’
From Hindi rāytā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.