An Indian side dish of yogurt containing chopped cucumber or other vegetables, and spices.
- ‘Perhaps the boy wants to stay in and learn how to make raita.’
- ‘Both dishes came with rice and a serving of salad topped with a light, creamy dressing similar to raita.’
- ‘Steamed rice, raita, rice puddings, naan, chapatti and Tandoori chicken delighted me.’
- ‘Haley grinned at Rick and dipped her roti in the small bowl of thick, creamy raita.’
- ‘Taste the raita to check the sweetness, and stir in a little more honey if desired.’
From Hindi rāytā.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.