One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waterproof or water-resistant clothes suitable for wearing in the rain.
- ‘You are also advised to carry some rainwear, just in case.’
- ‘Some were selling t-shirts and plastic couches, while others sold ponchos and rainwear.’
- ‘Please bring suitable foot and rainwear and a packed lunch for walk.’
- ‘The programme will include details on the routes' degrees of difficulty and some advice on footwear and rainwear.’
- ‘Other Gore-Tex rainwear in the catalog includes rain jackets and pants from lox and Browning.’
- ‘At the first sign of sprinkles, we moved as one giant synchronised origami team to unfold the glorious rainwear.’
- ‘If this move was supposed to demonstrate the will of the public, it was no different from both wearing rainwear and carrying an umbrella - it was superfluous.’
- ‘Whatever time of year you travel, do carry some rainwear.’
- ‘The rain has brought cheer to traders retailing umbrellas and rainwear; umbrella-making companies have launched several products this year, including parasols equipped with torches.’
- ‘As the rain intensified and the tents filled, All Saints took to the main stage, their matching rainwear providing protection from the elements.’
- ‘Some rainwear is advisable between March and June and October and December.’
- ‘The book was researched during a golden summer when rainwear was not necessary and each walk concluded with tea and toasted teacake eaten outdoors at a cafe.’
- ‘Don't miss the designer dogs in the latest rainwear.’
- ‘The shop will be jam packed with donated goods ranging from autumn skirts, to jackets and rainwear.’
- ‘Last week Lackabane was shrouded in cloud and soft Irish rain permeated the best of rainwear.’
- ‘Lightweight clothing and rainwear is essential.’
- ‘In other words, its aim is to exploit its heritage as a global luxury brand based around its colourful, modern rainwear.’
- ‘Troops rotated to East Timor were the first to use new rainwear made from a breathable waterproof material specially developed by DSTO.’
- ‘It's hard to maneuver your video camera wearing flimsy hooded rainwear.’
- ‘Most people came well prepared with plenty of rainwear and our group had a great selection of food!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.