One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A percussion instrument made from a dried cactus branch that is hollowed out, filled with small pebbles, and capped at both ends. When slightly tilted, it makes the sound of falling rain.
- ‘Even in the most ambient moments, it is Lockett's presence that is felt the most as he adds delicate textural chimes or rain sticks just beneath the surface of Rimbaud's engaging swathes.’
- ‘The children were able to dip into various craft activities, such as making didgeridoos, rain sticks, dream catchers and drums.’
- ‘Back on the original path, this album is a feast of rain stick, electronics, cymbal reverb, soft percussion and backwards dissolves.’
- ‘The children experienced playing such instruments such as chimes, gong drums, rain stick, percussion of all description, bass guitars and bodrhán etc.’
- ‘Since then, Hoffman has mastered the acoustic guitar, bass, violin, piano, keyboards, djembe, rain stick and a voice that sends tingles up the spine of anyone hearing it.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.