One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He listed previous similar success with rainmaking in seven other locations, which were not verified, since the contract stipulated payment only upon measured rainfall.’
- ‘In the context of private practice, many of the potential objective measures, like rainmaking or trial experience, would work against women, due in part to other forms of discrimination and stereotyping.’
- ‘Much of their folklore dwells on drought, fire, famine, and rainmaking.’
- ‘The power of its practices could also be used for purposes other than religious advancement, such as healing, rainmaking, acquisition of wealth, national protection, and so on.’
- ‘Most of them don't seem to be in it - at least in any immediate sense - for the purposes of future rainmaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.