One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large trout native to the Pacific seaboard of North America. It has been widely introduced elsewhere, both as a farmed food fish and as a sporting fish. Most rainbow trout remain in streams, but some migrate to lakes and some to the sea.
Salmo gairdneri, family Salmonidae
- ‘Intensive aquaculture of rainbow trout and other salmonids is a relatively new innovation, compared to the cultivation of most other animals.’
- ‘Due to their relative intolerance of carbohydrate, diets for carnivorous fish like rainbow trout consist primarily of proteins and lipids.’
- ‘Pike have been showing this week and anglers are reminded to return all fish other than rainbow trout.’
- ‘Today's anglers fishing for rainbow trout carry several boxes of fly patterns, but only use a dozen flies.’
- ‘I have even heard stories of captures of the migratory form of the rainbow trout, the steelhead, having been caught from rivers in the North West of England.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.