One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large trout native to the Pacific seaboard of North America. It has been widely introduced elsewhere, both as a farmed food fish and as a sporting fish. Most rainbow trout remain in streams, but some migrate to lakes and some to the sea.
- ‘I have even heard stories of captures of the migratory form of the rainbow trout, the steelhead, having been caught from rivers in the North West of England.’
- ‘Intensive aquaculture of rainbow trout and other salmonids is a relatively new innovation, compared to the cultivation of most other animals.’
- ‘Due to their relative intolerance of carbohydrate, diets for carnivorous fish like rainbow trout consist primarily of proteins and lipids.’
- ‘Pike have been showing this week and anglers are reminded to return all fish other than rainbow trout.’
- ‘Today's anglers fishing for rainbow trout carry several boxes of fly patterns, but only use a dozen flies.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.