One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for railroader
- ‘The railman at Westbury, said: ‘I have a lot of contact with the police through my job.’’
- ‘One railman with 20 years' experience, who asked not to be named, spoke of the stress he and his colleagues suffer.’
- ‘Between them the defendants had 100 years of experience and their colleagues had described them as diligent, experienced railmen who worked hard and did their best.’
- ‘Passengers using Manchester's main Piccadilly rail station were met by a mass picket of railmen backing the Arriva conductors' action.’
- ‘Suddenly came Mr Hill's cry for help and as a fireman started to sift through the debris he saw the railman's boots poking through the soil.’
- ‘The plain-clothes railmen will work randomly on the network, which runs from Bedford to Brighton.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.