One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American plant of the daisy family. Its tiny green flowers produce copious amounts of pollen, making it a major causative agent of hay fever in some areas.
Ambrosia artemisia, family Compositae
- ‘Many early emerging summer annuals, including giant ragweed, kochia, crabgrass, lambsquarters, and Russian thistle, are removed during tillage, allowing the crop and any new weeds to emerge together.’
- ‘Occasionally, broadleaf weeds, such as Canada thistle or ragweed, become established in winter wheat fields and interfere with grain harvest or with the following soybean crop.’
- ‘People who have known sensitivities to ragweed may experience reactions to chamomile and should use caution.’
- ‘It is wind-born pollen from plants that have inconspicuous flowers like wild grasses or ragweed that are the major causes of respiratory allergy.’
- ‘It's used to get rid of dandelions, thistles and ragweed and it kills by causing abnormal cell growth that interrupts the movement of liquids and nutrients in the plant.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.