One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car with a convertible roof.
soft-top, targaView synonyms
- ‘It also says you're comfortable in your middle-aged existence to drive a ragtop that looks like something out of a detective story.’
- ‘My prediction - this movie will go nowhere, despite the brilliant ad campaign, showing our hero stabbing electronic snakes at Disneyland, jumping onto ragtops, and generally being a pain.’
- ‘As good as the TF's standard ragtop is, there are times when you feel a little under-dressed for the worst excesses of the British climate.’
- ‘Security has to be the optimum for a ragtop and here a microwave intrusion detection system is fitted along with a handle lock rod protector.’
- ‘During the recent week that I drove the 6-Series ragtop around Los Angeles, car-savvy Angelenos loved it.’
- ‘And most importantly of all, these two-seater ragtops are a real blast to drive.’
- ‘A ragtop is fine for just me, but I want steel covering my family, all the way around.’
- ‘I survey the small warehouse-like plant in Ontario, where the company is turning Toyota Camry Solara coupes into ragtops.’
- ‘He exited to find that the skies had opened and that, the ragtop's top being down, the vehicle's floorboards were filled to the seat covers.’
- ‘Racers who haul down the 1,320 in a ragtop have a bit more to worry about than their hardtop-driving counterparts.’
- ‘Few of us can envisage living full time with a ragtop, really.’
- ‘But if you really must have a ragtop, and your ragtop really must be a prestige badge, then a second-hand Z3 deserves serious examination.’
- ‘The pretty little two-seater ragtop, first introduced in 1962 and produced over a 15-year period, is unmistakeably a Lotus.’
- ‘I'd be inclined to avoid ragtops on general principle, and I also think that the floppy roof spoils the TT's outline.’
- ‘I bought my first sports car in 1963, and have almost always had a ragtop in the stable since then.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.