Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A radioactive compound used for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- ‘Although targeted radiopharmaceuticals and smart imaging agents are still in the early stages of development, several industry analysts characterized these technologies as having the ability to transform the imaging business.’
- ‘Another factor that may limit uptake of the radiopharmaceutical is the transient nature of the tracer bolus presented to the cells in vivo.’
- ‘Other drugs that should be used with caution during lactation include amiodarone, cyclosporine, lithium, estrogens and radiopharmaceuticals.’
- ‘Creating radiopharmaceuticals that effectively treat cancer with little or no side-effects has been a goal for many medicinal chemists.’
- ‘Once injected, the radiopharmaceuticals participate in the physiologic processes taking place in various organs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.